Joint admission test is a well-known exam for science graduates in India. This exam can provide you the gateway to reputed IITs and Indian Institute of Science, IISC Bangalore.
Let’s know this exam better and get important details about JAM 2016.
What JAM stands for?
JAM is abbreviation of Joint Admission test also known as IIT JAM exam. This exam came into effect after academic year 2004-2005. This exam is conducted once every year by an organizing institute like IIT or IISC.
Here is the list of organizing Institute for Joint admission test:
Year 2008 – IIT Kanpur
Year 2009 – IIT Kharagpur
Year 2010 – IIT Madras
Year 2011 – IIT Delhi
Year 2012 – IIT Bombay
Year 2013 – IIT Delhi
Year 2014 – IIT Guwahati
Year 2015 – IIT Kharagpur
Year 2016 – IIT Madras
IIT JAM exam motivates science graduates to pursue Research and Development In their master’s degree.
IIT JAM 2016 will be conducted by the IIT Madras on behalf of the Ministry of HRD India.
The examination schedule for the Joint Admission Test (IIT JAM) has been announced. The exam will be conducted on 7th February 2016. The online registration has begun from 2nd September 2015.
How to apply for IIT JAM?
The exam will be conducted in online mode only as a Computer Based Test (CBT) for all the papers. You can find useful PDF on official website which provides a step by step guide for filling form.
Please note that Name of the Candidate, Email Address and Mobile Number (10 digits) cannot be changed in the later stage, hence you must verify and confirm the details given above before you click submit button.
You can appear at most in two test papers for IIT JAM. Fill the no. of test papers and then select JAM paper from the drop down list.
Guideline for preparation:
- Time management skills are essential for cracking down IIT JAM successfully. Test taker must follow a clear strategy and well scheduled preparation plan to crack IIT JAM exam.
- Make your concepts crystal clear and memorize all finger tips formulae and theorem that can help you to complete the test in scheduled time.
- JAM candidates can download the previous year IIT JAM question Papers and Answer Keys as an aid to their JAM 2016 preparation.
- Extreme Hard work is the key to success in Joint Admission Test for Master’s in Science. Keep you Focus on your ultimate goal.
- The curriculum of the programs are interdisciplinary and the medium of instruction is English. So Hindi/ Any other medium student need to work hard on English as well.
- Try to solve mock test online so that you can get a general idea about your level of preparation and you can get acquaint with the test pattern.
- Set aside 3 to 4 hours of study for JAM at least for six months.
- There are many coaching institutes that offer IIT JAM coaching. You can opt for one, if you desire. You can also opt for a good online coaching and you can study from home with comfort.
- Prepare with good reference books. There are various books for IIT JAM, you should wisely choose a book that has good reviews and the one suggested by JAM toppers and experienced faculty.
Garima is an inspirational writer from India. She’s working for Leading Online Learning platform in India. She also helps students to choose right career path and job.
We welcome your feedback to our work.
Daniel & David
IIT JAM Exam: Guidelines for Preparation