Notes from the Student Caring Podcast for Professors
Syllabus – Part Four
- We find that students are communicating with us via emails instead of coming into our offices.
- We need to let our students know what “Office Hours” actually are and what they are for.
- Help your students by telling them specifically where your office is located.
- We invite you to join us with our new service for students: “One Minute Office Hour“
College services available to students
- Even though our students have access to the resources available, they often forget or do not know where to go for help.
- It can be helpful for us to verbally explain to our students what the health center can and can not do for them.
- Tell them what type of services the on campus police department has to offer.
- Explain to your students how crucial it is that they regularly check their college email address. We should not assume that they are all aware of this.
- Freshmen may need extra help accessing the course management system.
Please join us next week for section number four in the syllabus series.
We welcome your comments, feedback and guest post submissions.
Daniel & David
SC 155 No. 4 What Your Students Probably Don’t Know