Notes from the Student Caring Podcast for Professors
Helping our students who are in sports.
- This can be a sore topic for some professors. We are here to help.
- Unrealistic expectations:
- Sports, in high school, are extremely important to parents. Sports can help with college admissions and scholarships.
- College is about much more than just sports.
- From a professors perspective:
- We want our students to do well in all areas.
- We don’t want our sports students to focus 100% on their sport at the expense of their education.
- Your education is going to help you succeed in life.
- Your educational goals are the most important ones during the college years.
- Sports Students Strengths
- Sports students understand teamwork.
- Sports students have self discipline.
- Sports students understand personal health.
- Sports Students Concerns
- Sports students may need to miss many classes to participate in their sport.
- Sports students can surround themselves with just fellow sports students.
We welcome your comments, feedback and guest post submissions.
Daniel & David
SC #172 Helping Student Athletes