The Professor as Presenter – Attitude
This podcast was recorded on July 27, 2016.
– Topics discussed in the podcast –
- What is our attitude?
- What is our perceived attitude by our students?
- Are we excited and ready to go?
- Are we self–confident or self–doubting?
We welcome your comments, feedback and guest post submissions.
Daniel & David
SC 179 Attitude
Upcoming Topics in this Series:
- Are we prepared?
- Do we look prepared?
- How is the pace of the class? Am I rushed? Do I finish 15 minutes early?
- Are we interesting and engaging or do we sound like a textbook?
- Are our topics appropriate for the form of an in class lecture?
- How is our language, sound, tone, boredom factor.
- How do we sound to our students?
- Our students are experts at hearing people lecture.
USE OF MEDIA
- What are we putting up onto the screen in the classroom?
- Our students are used to having control of their screens – now we are in control of the content.
- Our students consume more media in a week than we most likely did in 6 months at their age.
OUTSIDE OF CLASS EXTENSIONS
- Learning management systems have become an important part of the learning experience.
- These computer networks are expanding the space of the classroom.