The Professor as Presenter – Learning Management Systems
Preparation is Key
- David interviewed a number of professors at an online university and discovered that for each online class, the professors were paid for 300 hours to prepare their course.
- Switching to a learning management system overnight is crazy!
- Be attentive to your time in addition to your students time.
- It is not wise for you to be online and available 24 /7.
- Spend large amounts of time setting up your course online and making certain that it is working, 100% in all areas.
- Don’t assume that your current students, in an online class, are the only students seeing the exam as it becomes easy for them to share.
- Our students today are very comfortable using these learning management systems.
- Use your management system as your personal assistant.
- Discover how the software can enable you to teach in new and innovative ways to improve learning for your students.
We welcome your comments, feedback and guest post submissions.
Daniel & David
SC 183 Learning Management Systems