We are pleased to present this series of 6 blog posts and podcasts to help college graduates make the transition from college to career.
Number 5: Your Job Search
Help people and they will help you.
7 tips to help you with your job search:
1. Help people and they will help you.
- Go out of your way to help others to find work.
- Join together with other people and create a team to find work.
- You are better as a group.
- You are not alone!
2. Consider paying the extra money for the Premium LinkedIn service.
- A student of ours did this and immediately got 3 interviews, one of them turning into a great job.
3. Get to know leaders in the field of work that you are interested in.
- The leaders are the ones in the hiring position.
4. Search the Internet for job openings, DAILY.
- Everybody else is doing this, you need to also.
- Jobs are continuously posted.
- Have a routine that you do every day.
5. Register with online job banks.
- Locate job banks in your are of interest.
- Discover the keywords that employers will be searching and include them in your online resume.
6. Join organization applicable to your search area.
- These organizations will often have job banks associated with them.
7. Commit to never quit.
- Don’t underestimate the amount of time and effort and work you must invest to obtain work.
- It’s a tough job market.
- Consider looking for work that is not specifically what you have your hopes set on. At least for awhile.
- As soon as you expand your geographic area of search more possibilities will be open to you.
Check back in two weeks for our next Blogpost / Podcast: The Interview – Your Preparation is the key.
Please share your opinions on this Post / SC 80 #5 College to Career – Your Job Search – the world is reading & listening (in over 100 countries) …
We need your feedback so we may continue to fulfill our mission statement and help students, the world over.
Daniel & David