Attending college is definitely going to be one of the most memorable times of your life. But managing your social relationships during this time can become challenging if you fail to make the right friends. The following article discusses the important criterions you should consider while making new friends at college.
When in college, we all need friends to laugh and gripe with, to walk and talk with. We need friends to laugh, play and study together. Most importantly we need friends to create the fondest college memories. This is why it’s very crucial for you to choose friends wisely. After all, friends you choose in college will be your friends for life!
Before you declare to be friends with so and so, do keep in mind the following criterions and you’ll never go wrong in selecting the right people:
- Find friends who can speak the same language as you or can at least communicate with you easily.
- The ones you are comfortable hanging out with. Friends with whom you can go to the parks and watch movies together.
- Remember, you’ll be known by the company you keep. Avoid hanging out and making friends with people who do drugs.
- Cultivate independent relationships. It is not necessary for you to have a common circle of friends. To make the most of your college life, go on and socialize as much as possible.
- Judging people on their appearance is the worst you can do. Wait until you get to know the other person better. Take your time to know whether you can develop chemistry with them.
- Try making friends with everyone. This ways you’ll always have someone to dine at the mess, someone to accompany you to the morning class, someone who shares the bench with you, someone to join you in the lab class and so on. In short, find someone who’s precisely your type.
Author Bio: Lim Chuwei is a Teacher in Singapore at ChampionTutor and highly advocates the students for learning.
Establishing a Criterion for Making Friends at College